AC / Furnace Replacement
It’s often difficult to know whether it’s best to repair or replace your air conditioning unit or furnace. Repair sometimes seems like the cheapest option, especially in the moment, but in the long term, choosing to repair or replace your AC unit or furnace is a more nuanced decision. Generally, air conditioning units and heat pumps last, on average, for 10 to 12 years, while furnaces have a lifespan of around 15 to 20 years. If your air conditioning unit or furnace is in this age range, it’s likely that your equipment will require more heating and air repairs and routine upkeep, and it may be time for a replacement. It’s wise to consider replacing your air conditioning unit or furnace if you experience any of the following:
- Your home is not cooling or heating correctly. This could mean that your home is muggy, has varying humidity, or is very bitter and cold. You may also notice hot or cold spots in your home whereas different areas have widely variable temperatures.
- Your system is constantly running and desperately trying to heat or cool your home, yet it’s always running a little behind.
- You notice that there always seems to be dust in your home, and you can’t quite figure out where it comes from.
- Your utility bills are continuing to rise which is most likely because you’re using increasingly more energy to heat or cool your home.
- The cost of repairs exceeds 50% of the cost of a new A/C unit or furnace.
The Powerhouse Heating and Air Difference
With more than 18 years of experience, Powerhouse Heating and Air is committed to providing the highest quality heating and air conditioning services to the Omaha, Elkhorn, and Blair communities. Our prices can’t be beat; when paired with our excellent customer service and 100 percent customer satisfaction guarantee, it’s no question that we truly are Nebraska’s #1 choice for HVAC services.